Patient Instructions: After Porcelain VeneersThe first 3 days (72 hours) The resin bonding process for your veneers takes at least 3 days (72 hours) to completely cure. During this time:
- Avoid hard and sticky foods
- Maintain a relatively soft diet
- Avoid (hot or cold) temperature extremes
- Alcohol and some medicated mouthwashes may affect the resin bonding material and should not be used in the first 72 hours after your new veneers are placed.
- Routine cleanings are required every four months with a hygienist The hygienist will avoid using an ultrasonic scalar and air abrasion systems that could damage the veneers
- Use a soft toothbrush with rounded bristles
- Floss the same as natural teeth. If daily cleaning of plaque is a problem, use a mechanical plaque removal device (Interplak)
- Keeping your veneers plaque-free is essential to their longevity and also the health of your teeth and supportive tissues.
- Use a less abrasive and nonfluoridate or low fluoridate toothpaste.
- Avoid excessive biting such as nail biting, pencil chewing etc.
- Avoid biting into hard candy, chewing on ice, or eating ribs.
- Use a soft acrylic mouth guard when involved in any form of contact sport.
After Porcelain Veneers was last modified: November 20th, 2017 by