Patient Instructions: After a Root CanalIt is possible your root canal treatment can take several appointments, depending on your particular condition. During that time, between appointments, the following symptoms may exist:
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Sensitivity to pressure
- You may have some swelling
- If swelling or pain is still present after 2 days, or if the swelling is increasing, contact our office, (208) 522-1164.
- If you experience pain when you bite, your bite might be a little different due to inflammation around the tooth. Call our office immediately and describe your condition.
- Avoid sticky and hard foods.
- Floss your temporary restoration gently. Pull floss out to the side, don’t bring the floss up, so that the temporary filling will not dislodge or come off.
- The tooth can often be very weak during therapy. Avoid biting on hard objects until the tooth is properly restored with a filling or crown.
- Hot food or beverage can be harmful to your tissues after anesthesia. Avoid drinking hot beverages until the numbness wears off.
Call Now to Schedule an Appointment!(208) 403-0029
After a Root Canal was last modified: August 29th, 2018 by