Patient Instructions: After a Root Debridement
These instructions will increase your comfort and help you to receive the maximum benefit from today’s periodontal treatment. Tenderness: Tenderness is normal. To promote healing and reduce tenderness, rinse with warm salt water every two to three hours, Sal water= ½ teaspoon salt in a four ounce glass of water. Brushing and Flossing:
- Avoid brushing or flossing the treated area for the next twelve hours.
- After the initial twelve hours, is is important that you brush well.
- Use a tooth brush with soft bristles. Brush carefully.
- Moisten the tooth brush with warm water to help tender mouth tissues.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) or Ibuprofen (Advil) can be used as directed, for discomfort.
- Tooth sensitivity is temporary and quite normal.
- You may use desensitizing toothpaste.
- You may also gently massage the sensitive areas with your clean fingers.
- Massage will increase circulation and promote healing.
Call Now to Schedule an Appointment!(208) 403-0029
After a Root Debridement was last modified: August 29th, 2018 by