Patient Instructions: After Sedation Dentistry
After Sedation Dentistry at Premier Dental Care in Idaho Falls
- Patient should drive a motor vehicle for 24 hours after sedation
- Do not operate any hazardous devices for 24 hours.
- Patient should have a responsible person with them at all times until he/she has fully recovered from the effects of the sedation
- Patient should not go up and down stairs unattended. Stay on the ground floor until recovered from effects of the sedation.
- Patient can eat whenever and whatever he/she wants
- Patient should eat even if he/she does not want to do so.
- Patient needs to drink plenty of fluids as soon as possible. The patients who eat and drink plenty of fluids do the best and usually recuperate the quickest – most within 24 hours.
- Patient may sleep for a long time or may be alert when he/she leaves our office. Attend to both alert and sleepy patients in the same manner; don’t trust him/her alone.
- Responsible person should hold patient’s arm when walking.
- Call Premier Dental Care, (208) 904-1188, if you have any questions or difficulties. If you feel that your symptoms warrant a physician and you are unable to reach us, go to the closest emergency room immediately.
- Take 2 acetaminophen (Tylenol) followed by 2 Ibuprofen (Advil) 3 hours later.
- Alternate these medications every 3 hours (Example: Tylenol – 3 hours – Advil – 3 hours -Tylenol – 3 hours – Advil – 3 hours, etc.)
Call Now to Schedule an Appointment!(208) 403-0029
After Sedation Dentistry was last modified: August 29th, 2018 by