Patient Instructions: After Teeth WhiteningSo you’ve gotten your teeth professionally whitened at Premier Dental Care in Idaho Falls and they look great! But now comes the task of keeping them looking that good. Your teeth are still porous from the teeth whitening procedure and can be particularly susceptible to staining immediately following the procedure. Here are some tips to follow for the next 48 hours to keep your teeth white and bright.
- Avoid dark beverages such as tea, coffee, dark soda, red wine, Kool-Aid, or any colored drink. Your teeth can absorb the color for up to 3 days after your teeth whitening procedure.
- Foods to avoid: grapes, tomatoes, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, mustard, spaghetti sauce, soy sauce, blue berries and blue berry muffins, dark stews, dark soups, dark chocolate, slushes and popsicles.
- If you do eat any of these foods in the first couple of days after your teeth whitening treatment- brush your teeth and rinse your mouth immediately after eating.
- Think of whatever would stain a white t-shirt, and that would also stain your teeth.
- Don’t drink very hot or cold liquids as these extreme temperatures will cause your teeth to expand and contract, and permit the stains to penetrate.
- Cigarette smoking stains your teeth.
Long-Term Maintenance After Professional Teeth WhiteningDrinking liquids that might stain through a straw helps maintain your white color. Also rinsing your mouth with water after drinking or eating a staining food will help, along with take-home teeth bleaching treatments. For more information about take home teeth bleaching treatments, ask your Idaho Falls dentist, Dr. Tom Anderson about them at your appointment or by calling our office at (208) 522-1164.
After Teeth Whitening was last modified: July 11th, 2018 by