Invisalign invisible braces from Premier Dental Care in Idaho Falls
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. Treatment takes about the same length of time as traditional braces and is far more comfortable. Invisalign is appropriate for adults and some teenagers.
Adult Braces Without Wires or Brackets
There are no wires or brackets with Invisalign. Some people may not even notice you have them on- the aligners are so clear and undetectable.
Our Premier Dental Care office, here in Idaho Falls, will give you an initial examination to determine if Invisalign treatment is right for you. If it appears that Invisalign is an option, one of our Premier Dental Care staff, in Idaho Falls, will take photographs, x-rays, and an impression of your teeth.
We will then complete further diagnostic analysis to verify that Invisalign will work for you and create a treatment plan that will determine exactly how your teeth will be straightened. At that time, we will be able to let you know if you qualify for orthodontic insurance benefits and the estimated cost and length of treatment.
When the treatment plan is complete, your records are sent to Invisalign along with Dr. Anderson’s instructions. Using the latest advances in 3-D computer technology, Invisalign will translate the instructions into a series of precisely customized aligners.
Each set of aligners is worn for approximately two weeks. Each time you switch aligners, you are gradually moving your teeth closer to the desired result. You will need to wear the aligners all of the time except when eating, drinking or cleaning your teeth.
Invisalign Express consists of a maximum of 10 trays in the system, which is a minimum of 20 weeks of treatment not including retainer treatment. This is for cases that require little movement, mild crowding and mild to no rotation. It is a great system for rebound cases of people who had braces before.
Unlike traditional metal braces that everyone can see, Invisalign is almost completely invisible and undetectable. Invisalign will not hold you back because you can completely remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush and floss. You will also enjoy the comfort of not feeling irritation to your gums and cheeks because unlike tradition metal braces, Invisalign has smooth edges.
In both clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide, Invisalign has been proven effective at straightening teeth. Treatment takes about the length of time as traditional braces and is far more comfortable. Thousands of patients are taking advantage of this revolutionary treatment.
The Technology Behind Invisalign®
You may wonder what goes on at the Invisalign lab between the time that Dr. Anderson, your trusted Idaho Falls dentist, takes impressions of your teeth and when you receive your first set of Invisalign aligners.
State of the art computer technology plays a vital role in the process. In fact, Invisalign’s high-volume, customized manufacturing process is the first of its kind in the world.
Below is a description of the step-by-step process of how Invisalign works.
- Step 1 Impressions are taken of your teeth by Dr. Tom Anderson, cosmetic dentist, Premier Dental Care, Idaho Falls.
- Step 2 Dr. Anderson sends Invisalign the impressions of your teeth. These impressions are are used to make plaster models of your teeth.
- Step 3 Using advanced imaging technology, Invisalign transforms your plaster models into a highly accurate 3-D digital image.
- Step 4 A computerized movie – called ClinCheck ® – depicting the movement of your teeth from the beginning to the final position is created.
- Step 5 Using the Internet, Dr. Anderson reviews your ClinCheck file, and if necessary, makes any needed adjustments to your treatment plan.
- Step 6 From your approved ClinCheck file, Invisalign uses laser scanning to build a set of actual models that reflect each stage of your treatment plan.
- Step 7 Your customized set of aligners are made from these models, sent to Dr. Anderson, and then given to you. You wear each aligner for about two weeks.
- Step 8 After wearing all of your aligners in the series, as directed by Dr. Anderson, you get the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. We look forward to scheduling a consultation for you to learn more about Invisalign, from your Idaho Falls trusted dentist, Dr. Tom Anderson.
Convenient treatment at our Idaho Falls office, at Premier Dental Care
Throughout treatment, we will arrange for check-up appointments about every six weeks to make sure that treatment is progressing as predicted. As treatment nears completion, Dr. Anderson, your trusted Idaho Falls dentist, will design a retention plan to help you keep your smile for life.
Call now to see if Invisalign® is right for you
You can relax knowing that your treatment is being diagnosed and monitored by an Invisalign®-trained dentist, and enjoy the convenience of treatment at our office. We will even be able to finish your case with tooth whitening dentistry if you desire, to give you a gleaming, bright smile.
If you are ready to transform your appearance and live your life smiling, call Dr. Tom Anderson, your Idaho Falls dentist and Invisalign® provider today at (208) 522-1164.